Consulting Planners of Massachusetts wishes all a happy start to 2023. As we look ahead to a new year —with plenty of exciting programming already in the works!— we also want to take a moment to reflect on our accomplishments in 2022. Read on for highlights from the past year and learn about the variety of events, programming and advocacy efforts made possible by the support of our members.
- Eight in-person & virtual events hosted, including:
- Creating a Race Equity Framework and Tools for Planners, a two-part workshop run by the YWCA and sponsored by BETA, Barrett Planning Group, Jacobs, Favermann Design, LAA and LDS on how planners can view their role through a racial justice lens. Participants earned AICP CM credits.
- Two new board members:
- Mark Favermann and Lynne Sweet joined the CPM Executive Committee at the start of 2022 and their contributions have been invaluable. Lynne was also featured as our March '22 Planner of the Month.
- Dozens of postings and updates published:
- 107 RFPs, upcoming RFPs and job opportunities were posted to our website and sent in regular email digests to our members.
- 26 news and professional updates were published on our website to keep you up to date on planning in the Commonwealth and at large.
- Two letters from CPM were published in The Boston Globe highlighting the value and need for planning.
- And more!
- CPM presented the Distinguished Civic Leadership Award to Emmy Hahn (Mass. DHCD) at the APA-MA Annual Awards in December 2022, recognizing Hahn's tireless work for private sector planners. Read more on page 11 of the Winter 2023 MA-APA Planning Magazine.
- CPM Vice-President Kathy McCabe, FAICP, represented CPM with articles in each 2022 issue of the MA-APA Planning Magazine.
We could not have accomplished so much in 2022 without the support of our members. We grew our membership by 21% and added a new membership tier of Circle Members, to recognize our super contributors for their exemplary support. Thank you to each and every one of our members for your contributions to CPM. We look forward to providing our network dedicated planning resources for another year! —and if you're thinking about becoming a member, you can learn more about the benefits of membership and join today.